Optimising battery electrolytes with benchtop NMR
Discover how the development, manufacturing and lifetime of next generation batteries is being optimised by benchtop NMR spectroscopy
This white paper reports on how and why benchtop NMR spectroscopy is now being adopted to characterise battery electrolytes right across the battery lifecycle. We describe with industrial case studies and research reports reports how chemicals suppliers, electrolyte manufacturers and next generation battery system suppliers are benefitting from the technique.
- Learn about critical materials challenges facing the battery industry
- Discover how characterisation of electrolytes with benchtop NMR accelerates new formulation development, improves manufacturing yield and enhances battery system performance
- Find out how to determine key electrolyte performance parameters like ionic conductivity, viscosity and transference from simple measurements
- Realise how to quickly spot and chemically identify contaminants in electrolyte production
- Identify the breakdown products and why they cause component and battery system failure