- The UK’s Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC) has opened applications to an ?8.7 million initiative to combat endemic infectious diseases in farmed animals. The diseases reduce the health and welfare of animals farmed for food production in the UK, and undermine the sustainability of the livestock, poultry or aquaculture industries. The applications deadline is 10 August. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The UK’s Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) has 12 postdoctoral fellowships on offer through its life science interface programme for people with physical science PhDs who want to start an independent research career at the interface with the life sciences. The deadline is 12 September. Contact
email@example.com for more information.
- The US Department of Energy, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory is looking for companies interested in obtaining license rights to commercialise, manufacture and market technology that uses cellulose decrystallisation, hydrolysis, and dehydration, in an ionic liquid to make hydroxymethyl furan. For more information contact Connie Mitzel-Faulk, firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is 6 August.
- The BBSRC has published its annual report and accounts for 2005-06, highlighting its commitment to multidisciplinary and cross-research council projects. The report also highlights a commitment to supporting collaborative research with industrial partners.
- The US Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (Darpa) is seeking proposals in technical areas including new materials and materials processing, under its defence sciences research and technology program. The deadline is 9 February 2007.