On the spot web comic warming fire

Source: © Jane Webster / Debut Art Ltd.

Answer from Tom Johnson:

Medical oxygen can easily soak into combustible materials, including clothing and furnishings, and increase the risk of fire. Oxygen users should minimise their exposure to ignition sources such as cigarettes and open flames, such as candles or wood burners. It would be advisable to replace the wood burner with a convector-type heater or to have someone else manage the fire if possible.

Tom Johnson is an emergency responder at the National Chemical Emergency Centre